FaithLife Financial ensures the confidentiality and
proper use of personal information relating to its members, employees
and Financial Representatives. In this regard, it will conduct its
business in accordance with its Code of Conduct and with laws,
regulations and industry guidelines relating to privacy.
Our Privacy Principles
1. FaithLife Financial is accountable for all personal
information in its custody and its Chief Privacy Officer is responsible
for ensuring compliance with these principles.
2. The purposes for which personal information is collected will be
identified by FaithLife Financial, at or before the time the information
3. FaithLife Financial will obtain consent for the collection, use,
or disclosure of personal information, except where reasonably required
to protect the interests of the individual or the Society, or in the
discharge of public duty.
4. The collection of personal information will be limited to that
which is relevant to the conduct of FaithLife Financial's business,
fraternal, benevolent and member relations activities, and will be done
by fair and lawful means.
5. Except with the consent of the individual or as required by law,
personal information will not be used or disclosed for any purposes
other than those for which it was collected. Personal information will
be retained only as long as it is necessary to fulfill those purposes.
we also share member information with partner service organizations
with which FaithLife Financial has a strategic alliance. We do so to
improve our services and enhance the benefits, products and services we
can make available to members through these partners. We do not share
personal information if we are asked not to do so.
6. Personal information will be as accurate, complete, and up to date as necessary for the purposes it is to be used for.
7. Personal information will be protected by safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. FaithLife Financial is open about the policies and practices it
uses to manage personal information. The policies and practices will be
available to individuals in a form that is easily understandable.
9. Individuals may request information about the existence, use and
disclosure of their personal information. Except for special
circumstances where the law requires or allows FaithLife Financial to
refuse, they will be given access to that information, will be able to
challenge its accuracy and completeness, and may have it amended as
appropriate. When FaithLife Financial has obtained medical information
from a third party, it will release such information only through the
10. Members may direct questions or concerns about FaithLife
Financial's compliance with the above principles to it's Chief Privacy
470 Weber Street North
Waterloo, Ontario N2J 4G4
Tel: (519) 886-4610 or toll-free 1-800-563-6237
Fax: (519) 886-0350
If you have an issue that remains unresolved after contact with
Member Services, you may then choose to contact our Chief Privacy
Officer at the address above.