FaithLife Financial ensures the confidentiality and proper use of personal information relating to its members, employees and Financial Representatives. In this regard, it will conduct its activities in accordance with its Code of Conduct, laws, regulations and industry guidelines under the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) relating to privacy, and in accordance with the following principles:
1. Accountability: FaithLife Financial is accountable for protecting the confidentiality and security of all personal information under its control. We have designated an individual, the Chief Privacy Officer, to oversee our compliance with PIPEDA and ensure that our privacy principles are upheld.
2. Identifying purposes: FaithLife Financial will identify the purposes for which your personal information is being collected either before or at the time of collection. With your permission, your personal information may be collected, used and disclosed by FaithLife Financial for the following purposes:
- confirming your application information and assessing your eligibility for products and services;
- providing you with ongoing services, establishing and maintaining communication with you and responding to any inquiries you may have;
- assessing the suitability of FaithLife Financial's products or services for you or providing you with information on other FaithLife Financial products and services that may help meet your financial security needs;
- administering your policy;
- processing and adjudicating your claims and determining your eligibility for benefits;
- tracking your church or religious affiliation to allow us to administer our fraternal benefits and programs;
- notifying you about FaithLife Financial events and activities; and
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
For these purposes we may share your personal information within FaithLife Financial, with authorized employees, your Financial Representative, broker or Chapter Contact, other insurance companies, third party administration organizations, insurance reporting agencies, credit bureaus, as well as requests for information from law enforcement, courts or for national security.
3. Consent: FaithLife Financial will explain the reason for, and obtain your consent, before using your personal information for any purpose other than those listed above. We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent, except where otherwise required or permitted by law. Your medical and health information will only be shared with your consent. FaithLife Financial does not sell, trade or rent its clients' personal information to any organization for any purpose.
It is your right to choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information. You may even deny us, or withdraw consent to, the use or disclosure of your personal information for certain purposes. However, it is important to remember that we require certain aspects of your personal information in order to establish your eligibility for certain products, services and benefits, or to continue to provide you with these products, services and benefits.
4. Limiting collection: The collection of your personal information will be limited to that which is relevant to conduct FaithLife Financial's business, fraternal, benevolent and Member related activities, and will be done by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting use, disclosure and retention: Except with the consent of the individual or as required by law, personal information will not be used or disclosed for any purposes other than those for which it was collected. Personal information will be retained only as long as is necessary to fulfill those purposes.
FaithLife Financial does share information with third party organizations when it is required by law or for administration of your policy. A third party organization may be located in a jurisdiction outside Canada and a Member's information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and the national security authorities in the foreign jurisdiction.
Occasionally, FaithLife Financial will share personal information with partner service organizations with which we have a strategic alliance. FaithLife Financial does so to improve services and to enhance the benefits, products and services that can be made available to Members through these partners.
6. Accuracy: FaithLife Financial will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. You can assist us in ensuring your records are current by providing us with any changes to your personal information, such as an address change. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and amend it as necessary.
7. Safeguards: FaithLife Financial will protect the personal information we collect from you with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Unencrypted, electronically transmitted information is not 100% secure. Therefore, FaithLife Financial cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us electronically or that you request us to transmit to you via public internet.
Our systems and procedures are designed to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal information. Our commitment to security extends to the contracts and agreements that we sign with external suppliers and service providers.
8. Openness: FaithLife Financial is open about the policies and practices it uses to manage personal information. The policies will be available to individuals in a form that is easily understandable.
9. Access: An individual may request information about the existence, use and disclosure of his/her personal information. Except for special circumstances where the law requires FaithLife Financial to refuse, he/she will be given access to that information, will be able to challenge its accuracy and completeness, and have it amended as appropriate. When FaithLife Financial has obtained medical information from a third party, it will release such information only through the individual's physician.
10. Provide Recourse: Individuals may direct questions or concerns about FaithLife Financial's compliance with the above principals to its Chief Privacy Officer.
Questions about our Privacy Information?
470 Weber Street North
Waterloo, Ontario N2J 4G4
Tel: (519) 886-4610 or toll-free 1-800-563-6237
Fax: (519) 886-0350
If you have an issue that remains unresolved after contact with
Member Services, you may then choose to contact our Chief Privacy
Officer at the address above.